Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Moose jar cozy

Hello there! I have a really fun project to share today.
I'm so proud of myself over this one.
It started at a local craft fair.  I saw a designer who made little elves and attached them to jars filled with candy.  She sewed her little elves and they were super cute.  Well she only took cash and I only had my debit card so I couldn't buy one.  I decided to make my own version.

The amazing designer at The Friendly Red Fox created this pattern.
I omitted her body and created the pants to fit the bottom of the jar.
for the sweater, I created the neck by sizing it to the lid.  After I made the scarf I stitched it to the neck of the sweater, then stitched her head to the scarf.  
It slips right over the jar and comes off easily so you can open the lid and get to the goodies.
It's the first time I have ever done something like this and it turned out just like I saw it in my head.



No comments: